The Z370 Krait gaming motherboard uses an all-black PCB, with black aluminum VRM heatsinks, two reinforced PCIe slots along with two of the four memory slots in white. The motherboard has white stenciling around the board for styling accents which touch the VRM heatsinks, back panel shroud, and across the bottom of the board, mirroring one of the features of Krait Gaming boards in the past: a pure black and white base design. The PCH heatsink is the first to display the MSI Gaming Dragon, and moves the RGB LEDs to the base of the heatsink, which defaults to a white color. The remaining RGB LEDs are on the back of the board and the audio separation strip, and users are able to add an RGB strip using the RGB LED connector on board.
The memory support is up to 64 GB, with memory speeds up to DDR4-4000. The Krait Gaming uses double-sided memory slots to aid in securing the memory, and based on the cost of the board, do not use any enhanced reinforcement.
The same PCIe configuration, both physical and electrical, on the Gaming Pro Carbon AC is found here with three full-length slots (two using the Steel Armor), and three PCIe x1 slots. The lane breakdown is the same with x16 and x8 speeds from the CPU in the first two slots while the third PCIe slot runs at x4 and gets its lanes from the chipset. The board supports 2-way SLI from NVIDIA and 3-way Crossfire from AMD.
- Supports 8th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4000+(OC) MHz
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colors / 17 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. LIGHTNING USB 3.1 GEN2
- AUDIO BOOST 4 with NAHIMIC 2+: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- DDR4 Boost: Fully isolated, shielded and optimized DDR4 PCB design to give your DDR4 memory a performance boost.
- GAMING LAN, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 3-Way AMD Crossfire™
- VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness
- Military Class 5, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution with high quality Japanese components for best protection and efficiency
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, WTFast
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot.
MSI offers six fan headers on the motherboard. All the headers can work in DC/PWM mode. The CPU and Pump headers default in PWM mode while the system fan headers default in DC mode, you can change the mode of individual headers in the UEFI or through Windows. The pump header circled in red offer up to 2A of current, while the headers circled in red offer up to 1A. The motherboard's white and black color theme is unique, and I really like what MSI has done with the reinforced PCI-E slots. MSI went and added a layer of protective decoration of the PCI-E x16 slots with reinforced steel shrouds. The rear of the PCB has a few quick switches and some LEDs that line the audio PCB divide.
This MSI Z370 KRAIT GAMING enthusiast motherboard is ready to run Dual Video Cards for enhanced frame rates on higher resolution WQHD and 4K UHD Computer Monitors and Projectors as well as the popular VR Headsets.
With Military Class 5 Components (Mil-Spec) that enhance durability, reliability and longevity so you know your MSI motherboard can handle those marathon gaming sessions better than you can.
To view full Specifications visit the website: