The MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING is based on the X99 Express chipset and is compatible with Intel’s socket 2011-v3 CPUs. This includes both Core i7 and Xeon offerings. Because this motherboard is targeted towards high end gaming builds the feature set has been focused towards that end. Because MSI, like everyone else believes that onboard lights and gaming are synonymous MSI has included its new "Mystic Light" feature. This is one area where MSI trashes the competition...if that is something you are concerned about. GIGABYTE offers 7 colors, ASUS, a mere 256. MSI shames them with 2048 colors and 8 visual lighting effects.
This MSI motherboard will come with nice PC options like 8-pin EPS connectors, a hefty VRM design (12 phases) for the processor and memory, five PCI-Express x16 slots . There is an extra EMI shield that covers the rear-panel I/O on-board, and audio is shielded as well. The board comes with two Killer gigabit Ethernet controllers and the best 802.11 AC WLAN solution we have tested to date. Storage wise you will get ten SATA 6 Gb/s and of course an M.2 slot (PXie x4 linked this HEAPS of bandwidth). Overclocking features include voltage measurement points, and a diagnostic POST LED display. Other keywords for this product are V-Check Points 2, OC Engine, Military Class IV components and intricate Audio Boost 3 technology. This new Audio Boost 3 PRO is based on a Hi-Fi ESS 9018K2M DAC, delivering studio-grade audio quality, on-board. An on-board audio solution that delivers 120dB SNR 192 kHz/32-bit of purest sound quality via a dedicated 6.3mm stereo headphone out.
The top right edge has a cluster of bench-friendly buttons for power, reset and MSI's typical OC Genie control. The switch next to the OC Genie button controls the aggressiveness of the automatic overclock settings -- the manual calls it first and second gear. Next to the switch are blue and red LEDs to let you know what mode it's in. A third LED indicates whether XMP has been enabled in BIOS. Outside of the control buttons is a voltage detection header. Instead of just solder blobs on the board, MSI gives you header jacks and lead cables to easily and safely check the various voltage levels across the board.
- Supports New Intel Core i7 processors Extreme Edition in LGA 2011-3 socket
- Supports Quad Channel DDR4-3400+(OC) Memory
- Support lntel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Mystic Light: Style your favorite color from now on
- 2X Faster USB 3.1: Delivering speeds up to 10Gb/s, USB 3.1 offers performance twice as fast as a regular USB 3.0 connection.
- DoubleShot-X3 PRO: Use Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro to combine Killer WIFI with two Killer LANs for the best online gaming experience
- Turbo U.2 SSD Solution: Take advantage from the whole new storage solution up to 2.4GB/s read speed
- Turbo M.2 : Delivering next generation M.2 Gen3 x4 performance with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s
- SATA Express + USB 3.1 + SATA 6Gb/s
- Multi-GPU: 4-Way NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFire Support
- OC Engine: Reach higher overclocking results with more flexible BCLK adjustments at 100/125/167MHz.
- Audio Boost 3 PRO: Hear the sound from the heaven with 6.3mm audio jack and ESS audio DAC
- USB Audio Power: Serve Stable 5V Power & Better Signal Transmission over USB
- XSplit Gamecaster: Show off you skills to the world with a 1 year premium license for this popular streaming software
- Guard-Pro: Improved Protection and Power Efficiency
- OC Genie 4: Overclock in 1 Second
- Gaming App: Boost your framerate
- Click BIOS 4: Easily Fine-tune Your System
- Nahimic Audio Enhacer: Enjoy sound that pushes the limits of reality.
- Gaming Device Port: Optimized with Triple Gold-plating for High Polling Rate Gaming Devices
The rear I/O panel comes well-stocked with a PS/2 port and two USB 2.0 ports for keyboards and mice, a blue lit CMOS reset button, two USB 3.1 Gen2 ports (one type-C) and four USB 3.1 Gen1 ports. Killer networking provides dual Gigabit wired network jacks, two antenna hubs for the wireless networking and Bluetooth as well. All three network devices can be combined in what Killer calls DoubleShot-X3 Pro. A premium audio sub-system offers five analog audio jacks and one S/PDIF optical audio port while high quality amps power a ¼-inch headphone jack for high impedance audio devices.
All five slots on the Godlike are PCIe 3.0 and x16 length. They are also encased in what MSI calls Steel Armor. This involves extra solder points on the underside of the PCB and metal plating around the slots themselves. MSI claims this strengthens the slots to keep them from sagging, splitting, or otherwise getting damaged when using larger, heavier GPUs. The first, second, fourth and fifth slots are all double-spaced for optimal GPU spacing, but oddly MSI puts a single-spaced slot in the middle that can't be used as such. This slot isn't even listed in MSI's recommended SLI/CFX setup (covered below). My best guess is it can be used for other expansion cards when using two or fewer GPUs.
To view full Specifications visit the website: