We’ve seen many different motherboards for AMD’s new Ryzen platform that focuses in providing a well-rounded gaming experience for gamers. The MSI B350M Mortar steers away the stereotypes of fancy gaming motherboards, as it tries to provide the best value for gamers. This motherboard is designed with various gaming-focused features which elevates gaming experiences, while still remaining to be one of the most affordable AM4 motherboard out in the market.
The MSI B350M Mortar motherboard may look simple, but don’t let its first impressions undermine its actual performance. The MSI B350M Mortar motherboard is poised to be very stable and reliable. MSI uses high-grade components on the motherboard. These quality components also ensure the longevity of the motherboard. Of course, this motherboard, with the B350 chipset, does support overclocking, but your mileage may vary, as the number of power phases are considerably limited.
Among budget boards, MSI’s Mortar line has been the king for a while. This is because it is quite readily available almost anywhere around the world and is consistently priced anywhere as well. One of our the most popular reviews on this site is the B250M Mortar gaming motherboard for Intel’s Skylake platform.
The MSI MORTAR B350M Many people enjoy downsizing their PC system to save space, or to have a more convenient system, making mATX motherboards rather popular. The MORTAR B350M provides users everything they need for a straight up single-GPU gaming system. MSI haven't neglected the coming APUs either, providing users with several video output options (DVI-D, HDMI, Display Port), meaning that this would also be well suited for media-PC, or even productivity duties.
.The motherboard MSI B350M MORTAR designs distinguished by the game “directivity” in the form of a radiator in the power system, a reinforced PCI-E x16 slot (Steel Armor), and gold-plated audio connectors on the rear I/O panel.The AMD B350 chipsets programmed with the AMD AM4 socket and the types of processors you can install on it: AMD Ryzen, the 7th generation A-series, and Athlon.
The B350M Mortar has a rather comprehensive set of I/O ports. As a B350 based motherboard, it also has a DVI port, Display port and a HDMI port for support of future AMD APUs. These ports are actually disabled when used with the Ryzen 3/5/7 processors due to their lack of an iGPU. The motherboard rear I/O also features a total of 6 USB ports, out of which 2 are USB 2.0, while the rest are USB 3.1 (Gen 1).
- Supports AMD® RYZEN Series processors and 7th Gen A-series / AthlonTM Processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4-3200+(OC) Memory
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency
- GAMING LEDs: Ambient LED lights for an awesome look & feel
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M.2
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- GAMING LAN with LAN Protect: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management
- Military Class 4, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution in high quality components for best protection and efficiency
- MULTI-GPU: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports AMD Crossfire™
- Mystic Light Sync: Synchronize other RGB solutions with your gaming rig and control all LEDs in one click
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Xsplit Gamecaster
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
- WHQL certified for Windows 10
MSI understand that good audio quality can dictate an overall gaming experience. Therefore, they have specially designed the B350M Mortar with improved audio technologies. Known as “Audio Boost”, the B350M Mortar spots high quality professional grade capacitors that enhances the audio output.
To view full Specifications visit the website: