With the release of Intel’s newest processor, the Intel &th Generation Core CPU, there has been a plethora of motherboards on the market right now that feature the Intel 200 series chipset. One of those is a budget oriented gaming motherboard by MSI GAMING, the MSI Mortar B250M Motherboard.
The MSI B250M Mortar uses Intel B250 chipset, a desktop chipset that has enough function to keep most users happy. For some reason, Intel chose not to enable overclocking.
Being a B250 chipset motherboard not mean that it offers significantly less in terms of features unlike from the older B150 chipset, Intel have this time upgrades like PCIe M.2 support, six SATA III, six USB 3.0 ,one SATA-Express support and the most increase of DDR4 memory support from 2133 to 2400Mz.
MSI also has packed lot of features in B250M MORTAR micro-ATX motherboards making it a great gaming solution on a budget like latest Intel i219V Gigabit LAN, Realtek ALC892 HD audio with Nippon Chemi-con audio capacitors and more.
- Supports 7th / 6th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4-2400 Memory (Max.)
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency
- GAMING LEDs: Ambient LED lights for an awesome look & feel
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M.2 with Steel Armor, Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel® : The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management
- Military Class 5, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution in high quality components for best protection and efficiency
- MULTI-GPU: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports AMD Crossfire™
- Mystic Light Sync: Synchronize other RGB solutions with your gaming rig and control all LEDs in one click
- In-Game Weapons: GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, Xsplit Gamecaster
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
Apart from the LAN and audio codec, all of its Input/output ports run natively via the Intel B250 chipset. This is a micro-atx form factor motherboard and yet it makes a good impression of having all the required connectors. Having an M.2 slot for low-to-mid end motherboards always help to grab a platform. While the motherboard does have a Type-C interface, it uses one of the six native USB 3.0 bandwidth.
To view full Specifications visit the website: