The Gigabyte Z270X-Designare is cosmetically quite a bit different than any of their other offers. In a first for Gigabyte, they went with an all silver color scheme. Currently, only MSI is offering a similar motherboard, though in a much higher price range. Gigabyte didn’t just stop at creating an all silver motherboard though. They took it further and added their RGB fusion lighting, allowing customizable lighting to match the distinct looks.
The Z270X-Designare is well equipped too. There is support for both 6th and 7th Generation Intel Core processors. The four DDR4 dual channel memory slots can handle up to 164GB and at speeds up to 4133Mhz and beyond. There’s dual Intel U.2 connectivity with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s. Eight SATA ports offer even more storage options. A total of four rear USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type- A ports are complimented with additional USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A Type-C ports and multiple mid-board USB headers.
One of the biggest upgrades in the Z270 motherboards is not only the support for Intel's Optane Memory but also the fact that the PCH has 24 PCIe Gen3 Lanes to allocate to various I/O ports, SATA ports or even USB 3.1 ports making it a more connectivity rich motherboard especially for those who rely on such options a bit more.
- Supports 7th/ 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Header
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
- Dual NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 Connector
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone Amp
- Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- RGB FUSION LED Light Show Design
- Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
- Silver Alloy Coated PCB Design
- Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 AIC Support
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
The Z270X-Designare has five four-pin fan headers; each header can support either PWM or DC mode of operation. All the headers are 1A except for the two circled in blue, which support up to 2A of output for water pumps and high-performance fans. You can control all the fan headers through the UEFI or Windows. GIGABYTE's UEFI based fan control has improved over previous generations, so if you are coming from a two-year-old or older GIGABYTE motherboard, you will be pleasantly surprised. The back of the motherboard is bare of most components so that you won't have much trouble installing the motherboard.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse two USB 3.0 ports with DAC-UP 2 (yellow) DVI, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, two USB 2.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The motherboard is neither too beefy or over loaded with plastic nor is it a barren naked PCB with a bunch of heatsinks here and there. With the Z270X Designare Gigabyte has hit the perfect balance of in terms of aesthetics. Everything see to be in perfect harmony and it won't be wrong if I quote that this is one of the most elegant motherboards in the market today!
Surprise! Even the back has a Designare branding, wonder who'll notice that though, but a little marking doesn't hurt and shows Gigabyte's dedication towards designing am impressive product from every corner or the backside to be precise!
To view full Specifications visit the website: