The X99-Phoenix SLI is part of the G1 Gaming series of motherboards. The deviation from the typical G1 Gaming naming scheme is appropriate since it's the first G1 Gaming motherboard to have an orange color scheme, something many have responded positively to.
Almost all of GIGABYTE's past orange and black motherboards have been overclocking-centric models. GIGABYTE's departure from the rigidity of their "orange equals overclocking" dogma represents a shift in strategy to a market demand based approach where the gamer has become king. Let's begin our review of the X99-Phoenix SLI.
The GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI is loaded with features that were missing from their first set of X99 motherboards. The motherboard has 32Gb/s M.2, U.2, USB 3.1 (type-C and type-A), two Intel Gbit NICs, Intel WirelessAC/BT4.2, and even improved fan control.
- ATX Form Factor
- Intel X99 Express Chipset
- LGA 2011-3 Socket
- 8 x Quad-Channel DDR4-3600 (OC)
- 10 x SATA III, 1 x SATA Express, 1 x M.2
- 4 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1 Slot
- Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio Codec
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.2
- NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFire Support
The accessories for the X99 Phoenix SLI include: user manual, quick installation guide, driver disk for both the motherboard and the wireless network card, (6) SATA cables, I/O Shield, one 2-way and one 3-way SLI connector, one RGB LED 4-pin extension cable, Velcro cable ties, a G connector, a 1-to-3 power connector, the WiFi antenna, door hanger, cable labels, and G1 case badges.
- Ambient Surround LED - Set the Color that Matches Your Style
- Now offering more LED customizations, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned Ambient LED application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
- Light Up Your Case to Match your Motherboard
- With an onboard Pin Header for aftermarket LED Strips, users now have the ability to sync the lighting in their computer case with the lighting on their motherboard. By using the Ambient LED Application, included in Gigabyte APP Center, users are also able to specify the lighting modes available and ensure that everything is illuminating their system in harmony.
- Dual Hybrid Fan Headers
- Many of today's modern computers feature water cooling to ensure that the CPU or graphics cards stay cool and quiet while they are put under heavy loads. In order to provide the improved support for water cooling solutions, Gigabyte has equipped its X99/Z170 motherboards with an additional water pump power header. This allows the user to have full control over two water pumps or fans. An additional benefit of these headers with Gigabyte's motherboards is the option to choose between voltage calibration or PWM modes.
- Immersive VR Gaming Experience
- With technologies such as Thunderbolt 3 to transfer data and video, NVMe support via M.2 or U.2, and a one-piece metal shielding to brace for heavier discrete graphics cards, it's clear that Gigabyte has the tools you need to start your journey in VR. To set the mood, Gigabyte motherboards include Ambient Surround LEDs.
- 2-Way SLI / CrossFire Multi-Graphics
- By spacing the graphics cards in multi-graphics configurations, users are now able to obtain improved airflow between cards.
- USB 3.1 - Speed & Power
- The Intel USB 3.1 controller utilizes four PCIe Gen3 Lanes, offering up to 32 Gb/s of total bandwidth for transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s per USB 3.1. With up to twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation, and backwards compatibility with USB 3.0 and 2.0, the improved USB 3.1 protocol is available over the reversible USB Type-C and the traditional USB Type-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
GIGABYTE has reinforced all of its PCI-E slots with a metal shield to ensure that the slots aren't pulled out, and so heavy GPUs won't droop as much or damage the motherboard. What makes GIGABYTE's design different is its unibody design. I will now explain the PCI-E layout for those interested, as deciphering the manual is difficult because sadly, GIGABYTE has omitted the block diagrams they used to include.
8-phase digital power, server level Cooper Bussmann chokes coils and Durable Black solid capacitors. IR3580 is IR (International Rectifier) 8-phase single output PWM Controller IC. IR3556M (Integrated PowIRstage) is a synchronous buck gate driver co-packed with a control MOSFET and a synchronous MOSFET with integrated Schottky diode with output current capability of 50A DC each.
To view full Specifications visit the website: