Corsair is one of the most popular suppliers of desktop PSUs in the world. It’s no surprise then that they also make some of the best units that are on the market today. Time and time again, we’ve reviewed their PSUs and they’ve walked away with our top awards. With a focus on premium build quality, high-end performance, and competitive prices, Corsair have done great in the past. Of course, with that in mind, we’ll be expecting nothing but the best today. Let’s jump in and take a look at what their new HX 750 80 Plus Platinum Fully Modular PSU has to offer!
HX750W has the same size as HX850W – 7 3/32” (180 mm) deep –, being long units. Both have a 140 mm fan on its bottom, feature active PFC, have a single-rail design and a modular cabling system.
On Corsair HX750W the main motherboard cable (20/24-pin) and the ATX12V/EPS12V cable (two ATX12V connectors that together form an EPS12V one) are permanently attached to the unit. These cables are protected with nylon sleevings that come from inside the power supply housing. The 850 W model has two more cables coming directly from inside the power supply (two auxiliary power cables for video cards with one six/eight-pin connector each), feature not available on the 750W version.
The number of cables and connectors available is perfect for a 750 W product, allowing you to have up to 12 SATA peripherals and up to two high-end video cards. Of course you can have more than two video cards, but in this case you will need to convert standard peripheral power connectors into video card power connectors.
The main motherboard cable, the ATX12V/EPS12V cable and the video card cables are long, measuring 23 5/8” (60 cm), so you probably won’t have any trouble using this power supply on a big full tower case. Peripheral and SATA power cables have a distance of 17 ½” (44 cm) between the end that goes on the power supply and the very first connector on the cable. The distance between each connector on these cables is of 4” (10 cm).
This is a high-end PSU, so it comes with a fairly amount of modular cables. There’s a good number of SATA and Molex, which are all flat cables. The fatter braided cables offer up plenty of 6+2 and 4+4 connections, as well as the 24-pin motherboard connection.
- 80 Plus Platinum Power Efficiency (up to 93% energy efficient) cuts operating costs and reduces waste heat
- 135mm thermally controlled, fluid dynamic bearing fan only spins as needed
- Fully modular cables for easy installation, less clutter, and helps maximize airflow through your computer's chassis
- Engineered to meet maximum power output at a server-grade 50° C temperature rating
- Over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, short circuit protection, over power protection, and over temperature protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components
- Safety and Agency Approvals: FCC, ICES, CE, UL / CUL, CSA, C-Tick/RCM, TUV, CB, CU, KC Mark, RoHS, WEEE, RoHS (China), REACH
Power In Your Hands
Toggle between the Single +12Vdc Rail or Multi +12V Rail modes. In the "SINGLE" position, the full output capability of the power supply's +12Vdc rail is available to any and all connectors. In the "MULTIPLE" position, each individual connector has Over-Current Protection so no more than 40A of current can be delivered on any given cable.
To view full Specifications visit the website: