The BenQ ZOWIE RL2755 is a gaming monitor that is specifically designed for console games. It is a 27-inch, TN panel monitor with a refresh rate of 60Hz. On the package, it says that this monitor can be overclocked to 75Hz refresh rate but that is only possible if you set the resolution much lower than the monitor’s native resolution.
Speaking of native resolution, the BenQ ZOWIE RL2755 has a resolution of 1920×1080 (1080p). I do not know why the company opted for a TN panel considering that this monitor’s refresh rate is just 60Hz. It would’ve been nice if the monitor comes with an IPS panel so that you will be presented with a display with better color accuracy. To be fair, having a TN panel monitor will always assure you that the refresh rate stays consistent no matter what.
This BenQ monitor comes with different technologies that remove the impact of screen flickering and blue light on the eyes and head. For connecting to any gaming console or PC, this Zowie delight comes with two HDMI 1.4 ports, a VGA/D-Sub port, and a DVI connector. It also has two built-in speakers, which are better than the BenQ models that are not Zowies. Overall, the gaming looks crisp, the construction is sturdy, and colors are great. Read below to find out whether you should invest in this monitor or not.
DESIGNED TO PERFORM
- The stands of BenQ monitor is framed with slip resistant and rubber finish material for an effective grip
- Two in built speakers of 2W for outstanding audio output
- Features a retractable headphone hook to keep your favorite headphones within arm’s reach
- Glossy red cord organizer behind the neck of the monitor keeps your desk space tidy, and the cables tangle free
- Equipped with two HDMI ports, the BenQ monitor allows you to connect your console and another HDMI device simultaneously.
The BenQ RL 2755 doesn't impress with its picture quality. But it can be tweaked in settings menu to best fit the type of game you are playing -- Racing, RTS or FPS. Post setting, it doesn't look that bad.
The monitor also comes with a triangular stand that also serves another purpose. You can put your console’s controllers on top of the stand and they wouldn’t slip thanks to its matte rubber padding. It is pretty convenient and it is a nice addition to the gaming monitor.
The BenQ ZOWIE RL2755 gives you the ability to tilt the monitor forward or backward but that’s just about it. Specifically, you can tilt the monitor 15 degrees back and 5 degrees forward. There is no option to adjust the height nor the option to put the monitor in the portrait orientation. This is a real bummer and it would’ve been nice if the monitor stand allows you to, at least, also adjust the height of the display.
STUNNING VISUALS WITH PROTECTION
- The BenQ 27 Inch Gaming LED Monitor features low blue spectrum light
- Offers gaming comfort using the flicker free technology
- Customizes your viewing preference using the Display Mode and Smart Scaling feature
- Lets you interchange instantly between four different screen sizes
- You get to experience blistering fast performance with response time of 1ms GTG and a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
I agree that color accuracy and contrast are not that good. However, the monitor will never fail in terms of performance. The play is smooth without any tangible artifacts or stutters. Further, with 1 millisecond of response time, there is no risk of blurriness, input lag, or ghosting. Another performance-related feature is the eQualizer technology. You can imagine the loss when you cannot see a dark spot quite clearly, where the enemy is hiding. The technology ensures that you can see these dark or dim areas clearly, regardless of the lighting in the game or the type of game you are playing. The technology works by adjusting the gamma setting of the screen. This adjustment is just a bit, so that you can see the enemies waiting in the shadows. Well, this technology only works for the dark areas, not for the well-lit ones.
- Type: LED
- Size: 27 Inch
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Brightness: 300 cd/m²
- Response time: 1ms
- Input Connector: D-Sub
- Speaker: 2W x 2
To view full Specifications visit the website: