Perhaps most interesting of the features mentioned above is ASUS’s one-click overclock mode that they are advertising with the GTX 1070 Ti ROG Strix. After all, we know Nvidia has kept its partners from apply factory overclocks to their aftermarket 1070 Tis, so to try and get ahead ASUS’ configured a one-click setting that applies a small overclock to the card.
Like all its siblings, the ROG Strix Gaming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti is fitted with ASUS’ patented wing-blade, triple-fan and MaxContact heatsink cooling solution. The fans are also 0dB, which means that they don’t spin up until the card’s operating temperature reaches a specific number (for the ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, that magic number is 55-degree Celsius), and even then, we could barely hear it when we were gaming with it.
The GTX 1070 Ti ROG Strix Advanced has Asus’ latest Strix cooler design, making it a 2.5-slot card (triple-slot, effectively speaking) that’s 298mm long and 134mm tall. Those are pretty hefty dimensions, so it’s worth checking your case can house it.
It seems like Nvidia is locking down the Base Clock numbers on all of the GTX 1070 Ti cards, but allowing its partners to override Boost Clock limits via software, which is what Asus has done with its GPU Tweak software. It includes one-click overclocking that lets you bump the Boost Clock up to 1,759MHz. As I've said before though, this is totally irrelevant since GPU Boost will go far beyond that with zero clicks, so I wouldn't worry too much about spec charts
Build quality is as high as ever, and the card is solid through and through. The metal backplate is a real necessity given the bulk and weight of the card, and it has the added advantage of dissipating heat and bolstering aesthetics.
• 1683 MHz Boost Clock featuring 8GB GDDR5 256-bit memory and 2432 CUDA cores powered by NVIDIA Pascal™
• ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting on the shroud and backplate provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of Aura Sync enabled products
• MaxContact plus Auto-extreme manufacturing technology delivers 2X more GPU to heatsink contact for increased cooling efficiency with premium quality aerospace-grade Super Alloy Power II components
• Patented wing-blade 0dB fans with FanConnect II optimizes cooling performance using three axial fans to maximize airflow and two 4-pin headers for targeted system cooling
• GPU Tweak II makes monitoring performance and streaming easier than ever, featuring Game Booster and a free 1-year premium license of XSplit Gamecaster
- Graphics processor Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, 1,607MHz (1,683MHz boost) (1,683MHz base / 1,759MHz boost in OC Mode)
- Pipeline 2,432 stream processors, 152 texture units, 64 ROPs
- Memory 8GB GDDR5, 8Gbps effective
- Bandwidth 256GB/sec, 256-bit interface
- Compatibility DirectX 12, Vulcan, OpenGL 4.5
- Outputs 2 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x dual-link DVI-D, 2 x HDMI 2.0b
- Power connections 1 x eight-pin PCIe, top-mounted
- Size 298mm long, 134mm tall, triple-slot
- Warranty Three years
To view full Specifications visit the website: