Antec’s high end power supplies have earned a good reputation over the years and today we look at the latest addition to their High Current Pro Platinum range – a powerful 1,300 watt rated model. High capacity power supplies are currently selling out everywhere, due to the expanding user base who use their system for mining. The Pro Platinum 1300W is a pure modular design and Antec are claiming a 94 percent efficiency.
The High Current Pro or HCP series has for quite some time now been Antec’s top-of-the-line PSU offering. The series only included two Platinum members with 850 W and 1000 W capacity; that is, until now. Antec has raised the wattage bar much higher by adding the HCP-1300 to the line. Now that most users use power-hungry VGAs for scryptocoin mining, such high capacity PSUs are in demand, which inevitably has relevant companies adding such offerings to their arsenal to boost sales. But miners not only care about capacity and reliability as another crucial factor is the PSU's efficiency because it will operate at high loads around the clock, which can even have a small difference in efficiency net a big difference on that electricity bill and consequent earnings.
- 1300W Continuous Power – Guaranteed 1300W of Continuous Power from Antec
- 80 PLUS PLATINUM certified – Up to 94% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill
- Save Energy and Money – Reduce your electricity bill by up to 25%
- AQ7 – Antec Quality 7 year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support
- 16-pin Socket – Industry-leading 16-pin sockets double the modular connectivity by supporting 2 different 8-pin cables per socket and allow for future connector changes
- 28(20+8)-pin MBU socket – World’s first socket for possible future MBU connectors
- 135 mm DBB Silence – Whisper-quiet high-quality double ball bearing fan with long lifetime
- Thermal Manager – An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise management
- High Current Rails – 4 High Current +12V rails with high load capabilities ensure maximum CPU & GPU compatibility
- 100% +12V – Output for maximum CPU & GPU support
- Multi PCI-E – 10 PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
- 80 PLUS Platinum Certified and 1300W Continuous Power
- The power supply is 80 PLUS Platinum certified with up to 94% efficiency
- 16-Pin Socket
- Its 16-pin sockets double the modular connectivity by supporting two different 8-pin cables per socket and allow for future connector changes
- 135mm Double Ball Bearing (DBB) Silence
- The unit features a whisper-quiet, high-quality double ball bearing fan with long lifetime for cooling
- Thermal Manager
- Thermal Manager is an advanced low voltage fan control system for optimal cooling & noise management.
- 28 (20+8)-pin MBU Socket
- The power supply also features an 8 (20+8)-pin MBU socket for possible future MBU connectors
- High Current Rails
- Provides 4 high current +12V rails with high load capabilities to ensure maximum CPU & GPU compatibility
All PSUs in this test have one thing in common: They are the flagship models of their respective manufacturers. The 1300 W Antec High Current Pro is no exception – no Antec power supply offers more watts. Its efficiency is top notch, too: It is adorned with an 80 Plus Platinum logo. Its power and its price position it in the middle of our test field.
Antec continues the HCP legacy with a new top-of-the-line product that offers something completely different to the boring, but highly capable competition. Its price is over the top, but I think the HCP-1300 fully justifies its high price tag with its exceptional performance and high power output, especially given the high quality components it uses.
To view full Specifications visit the website: