Cheats, Secrets, Unlockable Modes and Weapons
Resident Evil 2 Remake (RE2 Remake) is full of secrets and Easter eggs (like hidden references to previous games), has many unlockable modes, weapons, and costumes, and also a few ways to cheat.
Like the original game, there are several modes to unlock with different characters and scenarios.
- Leon's Story Second Run Mode - Beat Claire's Story, any difficulty and rating OR beat Claire's Second Run
- Claire's Story Second Run Mode - Beat Leon's Story, any difficulty and rating OR beat Leon's Second Run
- The Fourth Survivor Mode (Play as Hunk) - Beat the Second Run Mode
- Tofu Survivor Mode (play as Tofu) - Beat The Fourth Survivor Mode
There are a few special weapons you can unlock in Resident Evil 2 Remake - and each of these weapons will never run out of ammo, or cannot break.
- Unbreakable Combat Knife - Destroy all Mr. Raccoon Toys
- Unlimited Ammo Samurai Edge Handgun - S-Rank the game on Standard Difficulty
- Unlimited Ammo LE-5 Submachine Gun - S-Rank the game on Hardcore Difficulty
To obtain these weapons is no easy task. In order to S-Rank the game, you will need to complete a Character's Story or Second Run in record time. On Standard Difficulty, you must complete the Main Story in under 3:30, or complete the Second Run in under 3:00. On Hardcore Difficulty, it's even shorter - under 2:30 for the Main Story, and under 2:00 for the Second Run. The only thing that effects the S-Rank is time - nothing else matters, and you cannot achieve this rank on Assisted Difficulty.
Because speed is so important, you'll likely want to play the game with both Character's once to become familiar with the route - and get the Unbreakable Combat Knife by destroying all Mr. Raccoon Toys.
When attempting the S-Rank run, it's important to note that the timer stops when the game is paused - but if you die and choose to continue the game and load a previous save, the timer will not reset back to the last checkpoint. Instead, quit the game and then load back in to avoid wasting valuable time.
Be sure to S-Rank the game on Standard first, as the Unlimited Ammo Samurai Edge will be essential for clearing the game quickly on Hardcore Difficulty!
All Safe Combinations and Other Codes
These are all of the codes you can complete at any time in Resident Evil 2 Remake, allowing you to get some items out of order. A full explanation of every RE2 code and combination, as well as the items you get, can be found here.
- Lion Statue Lock Solution - Lion, Leafy Branch, Bird
- Rookie's First Assignment Initials in West Office Solution - Left Lock: NED, Right Lock: MRG
- 3F Stairs Dial Lock (Letters) Solution - DCM (Found in a film roll).
- Unicorn Statue Lock Solution - Fish, Scorpion, Vase
- Men's Locker Room Dial Lock (Letters) Solution - CAP - Found in note in room attached to Operations Room.
- West Office Safe Solution - Left 9, Right 15, Left 7 - Found in S.T.A.R.S. Office memo.
- Maiden Statue Lock Solution - Woman, Bow, Snake
- Waiting Room Safe Solution - Left 6, Right 2, Left 11 - Found in Confiscation Report File
- Control Room Dial Lock (Letters) Solution - SZF - Found in Jazz Festival Flyer
- Treatment Pool Room Safe Solution - Left 2, Right 12, Left 8 - Found on side of safe (lol!)
- Greenhouse Control Room Code 1 Solution - F, II, two small L shapes, and F - Found on ladder top
- Greenhouse Control Room Code 2 Solution - Two L, L, I, a big square above a little square, and a thicker I - Found on bottom of DNA Trophy